This year, VMC is partnering with the University of Vermont Environmental Program to present a joint conference in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the establishment of the UVM system of Natural Areas.
This year's theme is
Science to Policy: Benefitting from Actionable Science
As environmental professionals we are well trained in studying and protecting natural resources, but may be less informed on how to translate our findings into actionable change. While the general public is often included in our outreach efforts, we all-to-often fail to communicate our findings to policy makers where these results can be considered for maximum long-term impact. The challenge to our community is to provide useful information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner. This year we are offering a conference to provide our community with insider advice on maximizing the impact of our work at local, regional and national scales.
Browse the contents of 2014 Vermont Monitoring Cooperative and Mt. Mansfield Science and Stewardship Conference:
- Working Group Sessions
- Working group sessions proposed and designed by collaborators and facilitated by the VMC
- Poster Session
- An opportunity for attendees to display and discuss contributed posters during the afternoon social hour
- Morning Plenary
- The presentations of the morning plenary
- Concurrent Afternoon Sessions
- Concurrent sessions of contributed presentations in the afternoon